WordPress is a known name in the blogging scene. As I write these words, it powers over 30% of the internet, considering the top 10 Million websites.
In this tutorial, I will show you how to set up WordPress, and get up and running in a few minutes. We will use 000webhost by Hostinger as our hosting platform.
- Go to https://www.000webhost.com and signup for an account. Click on the Get Started button to start off.
2. In the resultant table, click on the FREE SIGN UP button under the Free Web Hosting column.
3. A page will appear. For faster results, go the social login way (signup using either Facebook or Google). Confirm the account, by clicking on the appropriate one.
You will then be directed back to the signup page upon successful confirmation. Click on Allow (in the case of Google/Gmail to continue).
4. If successful, a welcome message will be provided. Click on the link that reads: It’s not my first rodeo, take me to the CPanel. You will be redirected to the next page where you will enter project details.
5. You will now be directed to the Name Your Project page. Here, you will enter a memorable website label e.g. samediamba (please note that only numbers, latin letters and hyphens are allowed), and then a password you can remember. This label will later be part of your site web address, so keep it short and memorable.
Click on the Submit button to move to the next stage.
6. In the next step, click on the Select button under Install WordPress.
A window will popup. Please enter a memorable username and password accordingly. For best results, use a proper combination of caps, small letters and numbers, as shown in the image. Click the Install to finish the process.
The next window will show installation in progress.
A confirmation box will appear upon successful completion. Click on the Go to configuration page button to proceed to the WordPress dashboard.
7. You will now be directed to the WordPress login page. Enter your username and password (refer to step 6). You will then be directed to the dashboard.
For future reference, please bookmark your site link so that you can refer to it easily. In case you forget, the link is https://yourwebsitename.000webhostapp.com/wp-admin/ where yourwebsitename is what you provided in step 5 above.
And that’s it! Congratulations on successfully installing your new WordPress website. You deserve a pat on the back.
In this tutorial, we’ve gone through installation of WordPress in 7 brief steps. I have shown you how you can do this without paying a cent, thanks to a generous initiative by 000WebHost.
In the next tutorial, we will talk about the WordPress dashboard in detail. See you then.
Did you manage to follow through with this exercise? Any suggestions? Please comment below.